Saturday, May 29, 2010

YUMMY LUNCH


LENTIL SOUP EVERY DAY

If someone had told me I’d be eating lentil soup every noontime for the two weeks I’d be in Scotland I wouldn’t have believe them. Bit that is exactly what happened.

The weather was overcast much of the time and the temperatures cool, neither of which, however, dampened our enthusiasm and wonderful time. Somehow we always found ourselves in a museum, castle, or some historic site at noon. Both my traveling buddy, Jan,  and I tend to push the envelope as far as time is concerned  to see and experience as much as possible.

I had an uncanny knack of glancing at my watch ten minutes before our time was up, and then we’d make a be-line for the inevitable café on the premises. Lentil soup was always on the stove, hot and ready to serve. With our limited time we didn’t have to wait for a sandwich to be made or anything cooked. On occasion I actually had to put an ice cube in my soup to cool it down enough to eat. A bowl of filling hot lentil soup and a crusty roll was a perfect lunch and in short order we were on our way.


No comments: