Sunday, December 25, 2016

TRAVEL WREATH



When traveling I like to bring home a neat souvenir of my trip. Years ago I hit upon an easy way to be able to decorate my tree at Christmas time. But finding Christmas deorations is not always an easy thing to do. Besides they are often big and breakable. My 22' rollon has limited space.

It is easy to find keychains that remind me of the trip. They are small, durable, colorful  and meaningful. When I get home I remove the keyring and in its place add a gold or red ribbon.

As the years went on and  grandchildren grown it was a really big chore to have to dig out the tree and the big box of ornaments  from years past. I bought a full green wreath with  a hanger attached to the back. On went all my keychains. During the year it hangs in the closet and mid November comes out to hang in my hallway for a couple of months.
I love being able to look at it and remember all the wonderful trips and people I've met along the way. I enjoy showing it to friends and answering their many questions. It is a big hit and fun for all.

Happy Holidays to all of you out there in blog land!

No comments: